Saturday, July 4, 2009

On the edge...

I really feel like for the last couple of weeks I've been standing on the edge of something bigger than me. I've been dreaming for the first time since I got back from Argentina, I feel like I'm moving forward in life, I feel like big things are happening, but I don't know what they are. It's bigger than me.

It's like cliff jumping. You get to the edge and look over, and you say a little prayer that it'll turn out alright. Sometimes you jump right in. Sometimes you have to watch someone else do it first. However it turns out, you stare it down, knowing you can't let go now, that this is your chance.

Isn't it funny how a different perspective can change what everything means? In my Spanish class the other day, we were discussing a poem we read for homework. If you go for the mental image that the poem creates, you think the guy wants to get a sex change and kill nuns. However, if you have the right perspective, you realize that he's tired of society and wants to break down the barriers of government and religion. Completely different, because he works off of the denotation and not the connotation. It's a whole different ball game.

It's not what would it look like, rather, what does it suggest?

No comments:

Post a Comment