Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Pushing

I feel like I'm doing a lot more than I can. I think I can do it, but I'm reaching my limits.

Fortunately, I learned one very important thing on my mission - pushing the envelope is progression. If I reach my limits and then "keep moving forward" like Disney says, the only way I can go is up and out. There's no turning back.

I was talking to my roommate Holly about this yesterday. You reach a certain point in your talent or ability. Once you get there, you have to keep at it until something is perfected. It's like boiling water. When you boil water, the temperature rises steadily until it hits the point at which water boils - 100 degrees celsius. Then it stays at that temperature for anywhere from 30 seconds to a few minutes (depending on the amount of water) and only after that does it begin to boil.

I've hit 100. The only question is: When will I boil?

No comments:

Post a Comment